Q1. Where is the ‘Aviation Carbon 2023’ venue?
The exact address of the venue for our 2-day event is:
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, Bath Road, Heathrow Airport, Hayes, UB3 5AN, United Kingdom
Heathrow Airport Area:
Q2. How do I reach the LHR Marriott Hotel from the airport terminals?
Quickest Transfer Option
Taxis and Uber are available from all terminals. Costs will vary according to distance, time of day, and traffic conditions. When using Uber, please consider using their “Green Car” option.
Hotel Shuttle Bus
The Marriott hotel does not offer its own shuttle bus service from the airport, but there is a ‘Hotel Hoppa’ service which will drop you off at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, next door to the Marriott.
Hotel Hoppa buses operate from 04:00 to 00:00 and depart outside Terminals 2–5 at the following stops:
- Terminal 2: Stop 9
- Terminal 3: Stop 12
- Terminal 4: Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Terminal 5: Stops 17 & 18
Tickets can be purchased directly from the driver. A single ticket is £6 and a return is £11. You can also pre-book lower-priced tickets from the Hotel Hoppa website, app and hotel kiosks.
Their Bus Tracker service allows you to see where your bus is on the map in real time, similar to Uber or a flight tracker app
You can find more information on this service at the following link: https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/by-coach-or-bus/hotel-buses
Electric Car Transfer Service
A greener option to get to the Marriott Hotel from the airport is Heathrow’s ‘WeKnow’ electric car transfer service. It is possible to book individually or to wait together and share the journey with other travellers attending the conference. There are service desks in all Arrivals terminals to help you organise your journey.
You can also plan your trip ahead via their website: https://www.weknowlondon.com/transport/car-transfer/
If you would like to use public transport from the airport, we recommend catching the following local buses from the Heathrow Central Bus Station: buses numbers 105, 111, 278, 285. The Central Bus Station is located between Terminals 2 and 3 and is just above the London Underground station.
You will need to get off at the bus stop ‘New Road Harlington (Stop D)’, which is right next to the Marriott Hotel. The journey lasts approximately 10 minutes and costs £1.65.
It is also possible to arrive directly from Terminal 5 using bus number 423 to ‘New Road Harlington (Stop D)’, which takes 17 minutes and costs £1.65. The Terminal 5 bus station is located just outside the Arrivals level of the terminal building and is above the London Underground and Heathrow Express/Elizabeth Line stations.
Cash payment is not accepted on the local ‘Transport for London’ buses. Instead you can use:
- An Oyster card
- A Visitor Oyster card
- A contactless payment debit or credit card bearing this logo:
- A Day Travelcard
You can also buy a paper ticket at any ticket machine. They are available 24/7 and are located inside the Central Bus Station or any London Underground or train stations.
For more information and advice on transportation and directions to and from London Heathrow Airport, please follow this link: https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions
If you are arriving in London at a different airport, information on connections to Heathrow can be found here: https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/travel-between-airports
Q3. How do I reach the LHR Marriott Hotel from another hotel in the area?
The roads around LHR and Marriott get very busy at peak times. Please allow enough time to travel from your hotel to reach the Marriott for registration on Monday 17/10 and the other days.
Most of the hotels in the area are situated along Bath Road, where the Marriott hotel for the event is located. Luckily, they are also within walking distance.
To the east of the Marriott are:
- Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow: 120m/0.07mi, 1 minute walk
- Best Western London Heathrow Ariel Hotel: 450m/0.27mi, 6 minutes’ walk
- Courtyard by Marriott London Heathrow Airport hotel: 450m/0.27mi, 6 minutes’ walk
- Hotel Ibis London Heathrow Airport: 550m/0.34mi, 7 minutes’ walk
- Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport T2 & T3 (Bath Road) hotel: 950m/0.59mi, 12 minutes’ walk
To the west of the Marriott are:
- Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel: 300m/0.18mi, 4 minutes’ walk
- Novotel London Heathrow Airport T1 T2 & T3 hotel: 650m/0.40mi, 8 minutes’ walk
- Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel: 650m/0.40mi, 8 minutes’ walk
- Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport hotel: 800m/0.49mi, 10 minutes’ walk
- Radisson RED Hotel & Conference Centre: 1km/0.62mi, 13 minutes’ walk
It is also possible to catch a ‘Hotel Hoppa’ bus (for more information and timetables: https://www.hotelhoppa.co.uk/bus-services/) or a local bus on Bath Road to the Marriott:
- For hotel Premier Inn: buses 81, 105, 111, 222 from ‘Oxford Avenue (Stop H)’ to ‘Harlington Corner (Stop D)’ plus a 4 minutes’ walk.
- For hotels Radisson Red and Ibis Styles: buses 81, 105, 111, 222, 278, 285, 423 from ‘Nene Road (Stop BJ)’ to ‘New Road Harlington (Stop D)’
- For hotels Novotel and Renaissance: buses 81, 105, 111, 222, 278, 285, 423 from ‘Bolton’s Lane (Stop BK)’ to ‘New Road Harlington (Stop D)’
- As for the other hotels on the list, there are no local bus options and they are within walking distance. Hotels Sheraton Skyline and Radisson Blu are next door to the Marriott.